Kitbuilding – Kitbashing – Sculpting – Painting

Hello there! Welcome to my little blog. I won't post every day at this place - but while posting and sharing my hobbies in various forums I was asked for a place where I show all of my work and not just specific pieces. You will find WIPs of actual projects and pieces that are already finished.

So here wo go.

Friday, October 28, 2011

Heath Ledger Joker

2009 - After Heath Ledger's outstanding job I wanted to prize it just fairly: by a new 1/6 scale statue in my collection.

The materials: Super Sculpey, Apoxie Sculpt and Resin, witch I poured in thin layers onto the inside of the coat - just to give it more stability. The Knife is made of Apoxie, the Card and the Money has been printed and the chain is made of... well - chain. *grin*
Sculpting the Hair was really difficult... I decided to add very thin chips i scraped off a plastic sheet to make it more struggly.

The paintjob wasn't easy. I used some decals for the shirt, but painting the pinstripes on his trousers (freehand) took three hours...

3 comments:

  1. Looks like you used Hot Toys' Bank Robber Joker head sculpt. Hmmm...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I almost would say thanks, because that one os outstanding, but... no. Indeed I used countless googled macro pics of it as reference material for placing wrinkles and that stuff. Honestly first I was thinking about ordering the HT knife somewhere on the bay... but I decided to do it myself, too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great Job Simon! Hammergeile Arbeit. A.S.

    ReplyDelete