Kitbuilding – Kitbashing – Sculpting – Painting

Hello there! Welcome to my little blog. I won't post every day at this place - but while posting and sharing my hobbies in various forums I was asked for a place where I show all of my work and not just specific pieces. You will find WIPs of actual projects and pieces that are already finished.

So here wo go.

Tuesday, November 1, 2011

Oil Painting: Masters Of The Universe – Mini Comic Cover "King Of Castle Grayskull"

Hello there.

I have just finished my latest project – transferring an old MOTU Mini comic cover into
a 40" x 32" sized oil painting on canvas.
I really love the pre-filmation comics and KOCG is my all-time-favorite cover.
As a fan of the original old-style box arts done by Rudy Obrero or William George and so I try to give it that look.

Here is the old original cover from 1983 - old fans of MOTU surely know it:


taken from he-man.org





















And here is the result. The finished painting is riddled with little hommages to some of my favorite arts and artists like Boris Vallejo or the original Battle Cat box art.

original He-Man Masters Of the Universe Artwork
King of Castle Grayskull


I think a few of you might enjoy it.
Maybe next will be "He-man And The Power Sword".

3 comments:

  1. I love it! Simply amazing! Fantastic job!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is up for sale!
    http://grayskull-con.blog.de/2013/06/12/king-of-castle-grayskull-16115885/

    ReplyDelete
  3. So... I don't know if this is the correct place to mention this, but are you aware that Tom Cook (the Filmation animator) is selling prints of this painting and signing them off as if they were his own? I recently purchased one at the Salt Lake Fan Xperience convention, mistakenly believing it was his artwork. You should definitely be informed.

    ReplyDelete